- Why do we need your personal data?
CELESTE & EARTH uses information from our interactions with you and other customers as well as certain third parties to help achieve its goal of providing the highest quality products and services.
CELESTE & EARTH respects the privacy rights of our online visitors and recognises the importance of protecting the information collected about them. To this end, we have established procedures that ensure your personal data is processed in a responsible manner.
Certain parts of this policy apply specifically to the collection and processing of your personal data when registering for a membership account with CELESTE & EARTH
The definition of personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
When we use the term ‘processing,’ we mean any operation or set of operations performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- Who controls the data?
CELESTE & EARTH A/S determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data. Carrying with it legal responsibilities, a data controller is legally responsible for the storing and use of personal information on computer or in manual files.
CELESTE & EARTH
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tel.: +44 0746760360
CELESTE & EARTH does not employ a Data Protection Officer. If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy or if you have any enquiries regarding the personal data you have given us, kindly contact CELESTE & EARTH at any time. For details on how to contact us, please see “Contact Information” or send an email directly to our Privacy Responsible: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What personal data is collected?:
All our activities are based on stringent ethical principles and legal requirements, and we are committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our websites and users of our (mobile) applications. For this reason, the way in which we collect and store information, including personal data, is dependent on how our website and related services are used. We do not collect any sensitive data about you.
3.1 Data collected through your interaction with us
Various technologies may be used on our websites and our (mobile) applications in order to improve them, make them more user-friendly, efficient and secure. Such technologies may lead to personal data being collected automatically by us or by third parties on our behalf. Examples of such technologies include cookies, flash cookies and web analytics.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies for which we do not accept any liability. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to their websites.
3.1.1 Click-stream data
When you visit our website, data is sent from your browser to our server. This data makes it possible for us to optimise our services and improve your experience on our websites and applications. The data is automatically collected and stored by us or by third parties on our behalf.
We may collect information about your computer for system administration purposes as well as to report aggregate information for internal marketing analysis reasons. This is data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and may include the following:
- • Visitor’s IP address
- • Date and time of the visit
- • Referral URL (the site from which the visitor has been referred)
- • Pages visited and user journey on our website
- • Information about the browser used (type, version, operating system, etc.)
3.1.3 Re-targeting Technologies
Our website and (mobile) applications use re-targeting technologies. This enables us to advertise directly and personally to visitors who have already showed an interest in our products and/or shop via our partner websites.
We also work with companies who use tracking technologies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our websites or (mobile) applications, as well as your interaction(s) with our communications, including advertising.
3.2 Data provided by you
In addition to the data collected by automated means (see 3.1), we also process data which you have provided to us. This includes but is not limited to:
- • Personal data that identifies you as an individual—namely, your contact information, title, including your first and last name(s), wedding date, the day we met, photographic image, billing address(es), zip code, date of birth, gender, telephone number, email address, credit and debit card information. If you provide the personal data of another person, please make sure that you have the right to share this information with us.
- • Information provided by you at the time of registration for a CELESTE & EARTH account.
- • Information provided when you create a Wish List, save your sizes, save designs, save your favourite stores, save your jewellery list, save your ESSENCE COLLECTION list.
- • Information you provide when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by CELESTE & EARTH Group or CELESTE & EARTH A/S.
- • Information you provide to us via third parties such as Facebook and Whatsapp
- • Information that you upload to or share through our site by using our services.
- • If you have created an online account with us: the preferences and interests stored in this profile (please see below for further information regarding these profiles).
- • If you contact us, we may keep a record of your correspondence.,
- • If you contact us to report a problem with our site or for technical and/or customer support, we may keep a record of your correspondence or conversation.
- How is the collected data processed?
When you have registered for a CELESTE & EARTH account with CELESTE & EARTH, we may process your personal data in the following ways:
- • Ensure that content from our site is presented on your computer in the most efficient manner.
- • For purposes relating to your order; e.g. to notify you on the status of your order or delivery; to fulfil your requests, such as responding to a question regarding our products; to help you locate a store near you; to fulfil your order; to process your payment card and/or to provide you with customer service. We may use your data to assess your creditworthiness, for which we may use third parties.
- • Verification of your identity and to respond to any query you may raise with us; to process your request and provide you with the best service possible.
- • To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- • To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our service(s) when you choose to do so.
- • To notify you about changes to our services, terms, conditions and policies, and/or other administrative information.
- • To provide you with the benefits and services of being a CELESTE & EARTH account holder or user of our services (e.g. CELESTE & EARTH)
- • To administer and maintain our records.
- • To manage your account membership of CELESTE & EARTH.
- • To store any Wish List you may create and to allow you to share your Wish List with others.
- • To save your ring and bracelet sizes and to allow you to share them with others.
- • To allow you to send emails to others through our “send to a friend” functionality.
- • To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions as well as to administer such activities. Some of these activities have additional rules which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your personal information.
- • Customise your content on our websites to provide you with personalised offers.
- • Prevent and/or detect any misuse or fraud.
- • With your permission, we may contact you directly through the details provided by you (e.g. postal services, email, text message, telephone or any other electronic means) for marketing, advertising and market research purposes. For example, this includes information related to CELESTE & EARTH products, e-commerce activities, special offers and promotions, as well as information on local store openings and activities. In order to be able to contact you with information that is of special interest to you, your overall interaction with CELESTE & EARTH (such as, but not limited to, your shopping behaviour on our online store and in physical CELESTE & EARTH stores; your use of loyalty programmes; your ratings and reviews of products; your contact history with our customer service; your newsletter clicks/opening results; your surfing behaviour (web tracking); the types of newsletter you are subscribed to; your participation in promotions or events; your interactions with and use of mobile applications) will be jointly analysed and used. We may use your personal data for marketing, advertising and market research purposes. In paragraph 7 you will find information on your rights, e.g. how to withdraw your consent or amend your personal details.
4.1 When you visit one of CELESTE & EARTH’s websites, your personal data may be processed in the following ways:
- • Content, A/B testing and product browsing analytics
- • Traffic source analytics
- • Internal search analytics
- • Purchase analytics
- • Device analytics
- • Marketing re-targeting
- Legal basis
When you purchase an item in our online store, create an account with us, or enter into any other form of agreement with us, we will process your conventional personal data for that particular purpose. We may also process your conventional personal data if you e.g. have a query or similar that precedes your decision to enter into an agreement with us.
The legal basis for which we may process your personal data is stated in Article 6 1, b) of the EU Personal Data Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), as the processing of your information is necessary for us to fulfil our agreement with you or for us to handle your inquiries and such like, ahead of concluding an agreement.
We may also process your ordinary personal data on the basis of the rules in the GDPR Article 6 1, f) unless our interests are outweighed by your privacy rights and statutory freedom. We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data (name and email address) for both marketing and analytical purposes. Our legitimate interest is based on your preferences so that we can better customise our offerings to you—and ultimately offer products and services that better meet your needs and wishes. Additionally, we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data for analytical purposes.
- Disclosure of personal data
Treating your data with the utmost care and confidentiality is one of our core values. If required by law, your data may be disclosed to third parties. We employ service providers and data processors to process data on our behalf. These services include authentication, hosting and maintenance services, analysis services, e-mail messaging services, delivery services, handling of payment transactions, solvency, address and e-mail checks. These third parties are our data processors and may only process personal data to the extent necessary in order to deliver their services. Our data processors are contractually obliged to treat such information in the strictest confidence. They are prohibited from using the data in any other way than required. Necessary steps are taken to ensure that our data processors, including service providers and other processors working on behalf of CELESTE & EARTH, uphold and protect the confidentiality of your data.
Some of our data processors are situated outside the EU/EAA. Consequently, we will share your personal data with countries outside the EU/EEA. However, we will only provide this information on the basis of the recipient fulfilling the applicable requirements, including:
- • The country in question is considered a safe third country.
- •The supplier in question shall accede to the European Commission’s Model Contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- • The supplier in question is certified according to Art. 40 of GDPR; or
- • The supplier in question has a set of approved Binding Corporate Rules.
There may be occasions on which we disclose to our partners non-personal data in an anonymous form. Such non-personal data may include information about the number of visitors to a website or (mobile) application during a certain period of time.
Please note that any information you post or disclose through your interaction with CELESTE & EARTH (e.g. personal data contained in the photos, stories, comments and videos that you submit) will become public information and may be available to visitors to the site as well as to the general public.
- Your rights
If you provide us with personal data on our websites or other channels, this is done on an entirely voluntary basis. If you choose not to provide the requested information, various customer benefits may not be available to you. In certain cases, only those who have submitted to us the required personal data are able to order products, use certain services and in other ways avail themselves of the activities and offers available on our website and (mobile) applications. We provide numerous options, depending on the exact circumstances, in order to help you retain control over your data. These options may include displaying and editing your data online. It may also be possible to unsubscribe from services or delete user accounts or to receive information about the data held.
You can access and amend your personal data at any time by logging on to your account on www.celeste.earth and entering your account profile details. Click on “My Profile” or ”My Account” to gain access to your personal details.
If any of the information that you have provided us with has changed, e.g. if you change your email address or other contact details, or if you wish to cancel your registration with us, please let us know by editing your details on the “My Profile” or ”My Account” pages or by sending an email outlining the changes to: email@example.com
In general, you have the following rights:
7.1 The right to request access to your personal data
You are entitled to gain access to some of the personal data you provide to CELESTE & EARTH. By filling in this online form here you may request details of the information about you that we hold and process, including the purposes for which it is used.
You can also access your personal details by logging on to your CELESTE & EARTH account on www.celeste.earth and entering your account profile details. Click on “My Profile” or ”My Account” to gain access to your personal details.
7.2 The right to amend and/or delete your personal data
You have the right to request correction, appendage, deletion or blockage of your stored personal data. To do so, send your request by using this online form here. Without undue delay of receipt of your request, we will comply to the required extent. If, for any reason, we cannot comply with your request, we will contact you.
7.3 The right to restrict the processing of your personal data
In special circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. To request restriction, kindly contact us using this online form here
7.4 The right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal data (concerning you only) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (“data portability”), and have the right to transit this data to another data controller. To request data portability, kindly contact us here
7.5 The right to object to the processing of your personal data and to unsubscribe
Emails sent to you by CELESTE & EARTH containing newsletter or marketing content include the option to unsubscribe by following the instructions set out in the email. If you do not wish to receive emails from us, you can simply click on the unsubscribe hyperlink and we will stop sending you emails.
For all other types of messages you may receive from us, such as maintenance announcements or administrational notifications, the receipt of such can only be terminated by deleting your account. These messages are a mandatory part of user accounts and the related use of our websites and (mobile) applications. Contact us using this online form here to delete your account.
7.6 The right to withdraw your consent at any time
You are at any time entitled to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data. The withdrawal of consent shall, however, not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Contact us using this online form.. Contact us using this online form here at firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw your consent.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to receiving promotional information and offers in general, including by postal services, email, text message, telephone or any other electronic means, you may do so at any time in writing to CELESTE & EARTH Group, Data Protection, or by sending a request using this form here . Should we have misgivings regarding your identity, we may ask you to provide identification.
7.7 Conditions and/or limitations on your rights
There may be conditions to or limitations on your aforementioned rights. We are therefore unable to guarantee your right to data portability, as it is dependent on the specific circumstances of the processing activity.
- Retention of your personal datas
CELESTE & EARTH will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed within the following processing activities:
|When will Personal data be Erased?||Personal data will be Erased, if the account holder has been inactive for up to five years.|
|What Personal data will be kept after the 5 year inactive period?||No Personal data will be kept unless required by local mandatory law.|
|How do we Erase Personal data?||CELESTE & EARTH. IT DEPARTMENT will on a quarterly basis manually Erase Personal data. Personal Data will be Erased in all IT systems|
|Purchase – no account/guest check out||Someone who has made a purchase either online or offline without creating an account|
|How do we define an inactive customer?||An inactive customer is someone who has not engaged with us by: making a purchase online on a CELESTE & EARTH owned website while creating an account, logged into the account, opened and clicked an email for a time period of up to 5 years from the last engagement.|
|What Personal data will be Erased if a customer is inactive?||All Personal data, such as: name, email address, address, zip code, gender, phone number, day of birth, purchase. This means full Erasure.|
|When will Personal data be Erased?||Personal data will be Erased, if the customer has been inactive for up to five years.|
|What Personal data will be kept after the 5 year inactive period?||No Personal data will be kept unless required by local mandatory law.|
|How do we Erase Personal data?||CELESTE & EARTH. IT DEPARTMENT will on a quarterly basis manually Erase Personal data. Personal Data will be Erased in all IT systems.|
|Web visitors – IP address||Someone who has visited our website.|
|How do we define an inactive visitors?||An inactive visitor is someone who has not visited our website for 24 months.|
|What Personal data will be Erased if a customer is inactive?||
All data that we have collected in regard to the visit on our website. Such as:
-Content, A/B testing & product browsing analytics
– Traffic source analytics
– Internal search analytics
– Purchase analytics
– Device analytics
– Marketing retargeting
|When will Personal data be Erased?||Personal data will be Erased 25 month after collected.|
|What Personal data will be kept after the 25 month inactive period?||No Personal data will be kept unless required by local mandatory law.|
|How do we Erase Personal data?||The data will automatically be Erased after 25 months.|
- The security of information and data integrity
We take the appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised use, disclosure or access, in particular where processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against all other unlawful forms of processing and misuse.
CELESTE & EARTH uses third party data processors to collect and process your personal data. Any data processors commissioned by CELESTE & EARTH will only process your personal data in accordance with CELESTE & EARTH’s instructions, and are legally obliged to adhere to strict security procedures when handling personal data.
9.1 Keeping information secure
Where we have provided you with, or where you have chosen, a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for ensuring this password remains confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, transmission of information via the Internet is not wholly secure. Although we do our utmost to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is done so at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we employ strict procedures and rigid security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
9.2 Social Networks
Our website and (mobile) applications provide you with social plug-ins from various social networks. If you choose to interact with a social network, your activity on our website or (mobile) applications will also be made available to social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
If you have logged in to one of these social network sites during your visit to one of our websites or (mobile) applications, the social network site may add this information to your profile. If you are interacting with one of the social plug-ins, this information will be transferred to the social network site. If you do not want this data transfer, please log out of your social network site before entering one of our websites or (mobile) applications. We cannot prevent this data collection and social plug-in information transfer. Please read carefully the privacy policies of your social networks for detailed information about their collection and transfer of personal data, your rights, and how you can achieve satisfactory privacy settings.
Additionally, to improve your user and brand experience, your data may be passed to a third party (e.g. Facebook) for processing in accordance with data protection and privacy regulations.
9.3 Geolocation Services
Location-enabled services may be employed within some of our (mobile) applications. Should you use these (mobile) applications, they may receive information about your actual location, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device or information that can be used to approximate a location. You can enable or disable your location services in your device or browser settings.
We use Google Maps and Baidu Maps to assist you in locating your nearest CELESTE & EARTH store. To facilitate this search, we load an image from Google Maps or Baidu Maps, saving the route data and map image to our server.
10 Consequences of non-disclosure of personal data
It is not possible to create a CELESTE & EARTH account or to make a purchase on the CELESTE & EARTH website if you are unable to provide us with the required information.
- Contact Information
CELESTE & EARTH
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Complaints should be submitted directly to the Celeste & Earth protection supervisory authority:
CELESTE & EARTH
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Changes to this policy
Last updated: August 2020